Announcement for IADVL Research Grants 2021
Mar 26 2021
Greetings from IADVL.
To promote research in dermatology, leprosy, and STIs, IADVL invites IADVL Life members and SIGs to apply for research grants for investigative work in basic sciences, clinical, laboratory-based, epidemiological, or quality of life studies.
The research proposals with a well-defined study design, time-bound specific objectives, adequate sample size, clearly defined study subjects, and variables, and appropriately described statistical methods will be considered for these research grants.
Only duly filled and signed application forms accompanied with mandatory documents (refer to attached Application form II) will be accepted for evaluation by reviewers.
Blinded applications will be evaluated by the members of the IADVL SIG Dermatology Clinical Research. Please refrain from including any identifier in part II of the application form, (including Clinical Trials Registry number or Institute Ethics Committee name). Comments from members of the SIG DCR shall be communicated to the principal investigator for consideration for modifications of the proposal to improve them. Final decision on suitability for funding shall be taken by a Jury comprising of IADVL Academy members.
The following conditions are considered before allocating research grant
- Projects of proposed budget up to Rs 5 lakhs are preferable, a project with higher budget may be considered, depending on the quality of the proposal, its relevance and importance in Indian context, total amount available for funding, and the number of projects short-listed for funding.
- In response to a single round of announcement for research funding an applicant can submit more than one proposal. However, the project that ranks higher amongst the ones shortlisted shall be approved for funding.
- At no point of time, a principal investigator should have more than two ongoing IADVL funded projects. In addition, the investigators will give an undertaking that this proposal is not a part of any ongoing concurrent funded research/ postgraduate thesis project.
- Successful applicants will have to submit proof of the Ethics Committee approval and registration with the Clinical Trials Registry- India (applicable for all studies approved for funding) within 6 months of receipt of communication on approval of funding.
- Disbursal of the grant will be in parts, as decided by the Jury.
- Projects will have to be submitted for presentation during DERMACON and for publication within a year of completion.
- The grant cannot be used for thesis topics, to buy instruments or equipment, or for projects longer than two years or partly funded by another grant.
- For a multicentric project, the principal Investigator will be responsible for its satisfactory completion and for submission of the accounts and project report. The budget requirement of each such centre should be given separately in the Application Form II along with a No Objection Letter from Head(s) of concerned centre(s). The project proposal should clearly specify the details of the Institutional Account to which the funds are to be disbursed, if a grant is awarded.
- The Principal Investigator has to be the corresponding author mandatorily in any scientific publication(s) arising out of the project.
- Independent practitioners applying for this grant shall get ethical approval for their research project from Independent Ethics Committee of their area of practice and shall need to furnish individual account details along with a signed undertaking, as applicable for Institutional researchers.
- While Co-investigators can be of an allied speciality, a No Objection Letter from the Head(s) of concerned department(s) should be submitted.
- Principal Investigators with two or more incomplete IADVL funded research projects (as on 7th May, 2021) will not be eligible to apply.
Note: The Indian Journal of Dermatology Venereology and Leprology carries a guest editorial (http://www.ijdvl.com/article.asp?issn=0378-6323;year=2015;volume=81;issue=2; spage=115; epage=123;aulast=Panda) on the subject of preparing a research proposal that may be consulted when preparing the proposal.
The research protocols should be prepared in accordance with the SPIRIT statement downloadable from: http://www.spiritstatement.org/publications-downloads/
Please apply online through iadvl-researchgrant.association360.io The Application forms and mandatory documents to be submitted are available in word format on the website https://iadvl.org/ The link will be active from 7th April 2021 and the last date of submission is 7th May 2021.
Any queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com.
Dr. Santoshdev P. Rathod and Dr. Chander Grover
IADVL Research Grant Co-ordinators
Dr. Deepika Pandhi Dr. Dipankar De
Chairperson, IADVL Academy Convener, IADVL Academy
Dr. Jayadev Betkerur Dr. Feroz K
President, IADVL Hon. Secretary General, IADVL
Download Application form Application form for IADVL Research Grant_Part I
Download Application form Application form for IADVL Research Grant_Part II
Download Undertaking by investigators