Call for IADVL - AAD Reciprocal Scholarships 2023, March 16th – 21st in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Aug 03 2022
Dear IADVL Member,
On behalf of the IADVL EC 2022, we invite applications from IADVL members (PLMs and LMs) for the following scholarships for the 2023 AAD Annual Meeting to be held at New Orleans.
A. 2023 AAD Annual Meeting Registration Scholarship (Two)
Scholarship recipients are nominated by IADVL and benefits include:·
- $1000 USD stipend;
- Complimentary registration for the AAD meeting
- Admission to one ticketed half-day course.
The following are the criteria for this scholarship:
1) Must be a board-certified dermatologist
2) Nominated by their National dermatologic society
3) Attach a signed and official letter of recommendation (PDF preferred format) to the online application. Only letters of recommendation from recognized national dermatologic societies will be accepted.
4) Has not received an international scholarship from the IADVL/ AAD in the past.
B. Strauss and Katz World Congress Fund Scholarship (Two)
Scholarship recipients are nominated by IADVL and benefits include
- $1,500 USD stipend to assist with travel expenses
- Complimentary registration for the 2023 AAD Annual Meeting
- Admission to one ticketed half-day course
- Invitation to attend the International Scholarship Reception and Dinner with AAD Leadership Thursday, March 16th, 2023, where stipends will be distributed.
- Poster Abstracts will be displayed at the AAD Technical Exhibit, the AAD Website and the AAD Mobile App.
- Invitation to attend the International Member Reception Friday, March 17th, 2023.
The criteria for this scholarship are as follows:
- Abstract must be submitted with application.
- Apply as a resident in dermatology or apply within three years of completing dermatology residency training at the time of the meeting.
- Be endorsed by a national dermatologic society. A signed letter of endorsement from the society is required to be attached to the online application and must be in Adobe Acrobat portable document format (PDF).
- Priority will be given to applicants who have never attended AAD meetings.
- Previous International scholarship recipients of IADVL/AAD are not eligible.
- No deferrals permitted. Eligible applicants may reapply the following year if unable to accept scholarship.
Applicants need to fill up and send the attached application form to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com on or before 08th August 2022. The mail should be titled 'Application for 2023 AAD Scholarship: Your name" and should include the following as attachments:
- Short CV of a single page, preferably with a publication list.
- IADVL Membership Certificate
1. Applicant has to be a bonafide member (PLM/LM) of IADVL and need to quote that.
2. Applicants need to state clearly whether he/she has received AAD or any other International scholarship ENDORSED by IADVL before.
3.If the applicant is presently a PG trainee, a letter from the Head of the Department stating this must be submitted along with the application.
4. The applications will be evaluated by the evaluation criteria attached.
5. The results will be declared by 22nd August 2022.
6.The selected candidates (two in each category) will be provided with the link to apply and also their respective endorsement letter to be uploaded in the website along with application. The AAD deadline to apply and nominate applicants towards both the above scholarships for the AAD Annual Meeting is 1st Sep 2022
7. For Registration Reciprocal Scholarships, a signed official letter of recommendation will be provided to each nominee to attach to their online application.
8. For Strauss and Katz World Congress Fund Scholarships, signed letters of endorsement will be provided to the two best poster abstracts. The awardees have to upload the abstracts themselves with the letter of endorsement from IADVL.
9. The list of the selected candidates will be shared with the AAD office by the IADVL Secretary General.
10.The final selection rests with AAD. The World Congress Fund Review Task Force reviews eligible applications and awards scholarships based on merit and available funding. Applicants will be judged on the quality of their application and abstracts. Priority will be given to applicants who have never attended an AAD meeting.
11. Please provide accurate details.
Kindly disseminate the information to all concerned and interested.
Dr. Lalit Gupta
Chairperson, IADVL Academy
Convener, IADVL Academy
Dr. Rashmi Sarkar
Dr.Dinesh Kumar Devaraj
Hon Secretary General, IADVL
Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists
IADVL National Headquarters
314-315, 3rd Floor KM Trade tower, H 3, Sector 14
Kaushambi, Ghaziabad U.P. - 201010.
Ph: +91 88 00 89 1111
Dr. Dinesh's Skin & Hair Clinic
A 31, 6th Street, A Block, Anna Nagar East
Chennai, Tamil Nadu - 600102.
+91 9003217799 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Application_Format_for_2023_AAD_Scholarships (2)
Evaluation of AAD 2023 (1) (1)